For those of you familiar with the WeatherStationary site, you’ll know that we are all about weather monitoring tools. In fact, we like to keep you up-to-date with the latest trends and devices. Solar power is on the rise all over the world so, bringing you the best solar-powered weather stations is essential. Our recommendations are based on accuracy, price and durability to help decide which nifty machine is right for you.
For those of us who like to keep an eye on the weather, we are also conscious of the environment. With solar-powered weather stations you can keep track of the elements around you in a sustainable way.
What better way to keep track of your local weather system than to harness the power of the weather itself?
Today we’re going to take a look at the most popular and best solar-powered weather stations on the market. In fact, our goal is to help you decide which solar-powered weather station could be best for you!
In a hurry? Skip right to what you’re looking for ?:
- Solar-Powered Weather Station For Home
- Wireless Weather Station With Solar
- Best Value For Money Solar Weather Station
- Farming/Business Solar-Powered Weather Station
- Best Solar Weather Station For Accuracy
- All Round Best Solar-Powered Weather Station
Key Features Of The Best Solar-Powered Weather Stations
However, before you jump into our review below it’s worth having a think about what you may need from your next weather station. Here are some key areas to consider.
- Accuracy – Consider how precise your weather station needs to be. If your livelihood depends on super accurate tracking make sure it’s very precise. However, if you’re a hobbyist or gardener, some variance may not be a problem for you day-to-day.
- Functionality – Weather stations come equipped with a wide range of different indicators, tracking everything from wind speed to temperature. This means, if there are specific measurements you need you must ensure your weather station is set up to track them. Indeed, whether you are growing crops or managing garden projects, the weather station you chose must be right for you!
- Durability – Solar-powered weather stations are an investment so you want to ensure you make the most of it! As an example, if you’re measuring somewhere that’s exposed to strong winds, sleet or hail make sure you invest in a robust station. Not all of these machines are designed for harsh weather. So, if you want to keep your weather station tracking and running over the long term, check its durability.
- Technology – Modern weather stations now vary in their use of technology and solar-powered weather stations are relatively new. Many offer the ability to track the elements remotely from the comfort of your home or office. If you want something with remote monitoring built in, a wireless monitoring device is a must have when making your buying decision.
Best Solar-Powered Weather Station For Home: ProWeatherStation TP3000WC
If you’re looking for a great and easy to use solar weather station for home then look no further! The ProWeatherStation TP3000WC uses advanced sensor technology with wireless data, all powered by the sun.
It comes with a 7-in-one sensor array providing an anemometer, wind direction meter, temp/humidity sensor, rain gauge & a solar/light sensor! So, as you can see, a great array of options for keeping an eye on the elements!
It’s super easy to setup with its main power drive coming from it’s solar sensor array. 2 AA batteries maintaining a battery backup when things go dark!
The Base Station can be mounted up to 100m from the sensor array and runs on 3 AA batteries. To connect the Wi-Fi feature, an included 5V power adaptor must be connected to the Base Station.
Automatic upload of all data via Wi-Fi to Weather Cloud or Weather Underground.
- Advanced solar-powered sensory array
- U-bolts for mounting on a pole up to 2″
- Base station which is Wi-Fi enabled
- WeatherSmart Wi-Fi Windows software
- 5V power adaptor
- 2 AA batteries
The ProWeatherStation TP3000WC is a great base-model. This makes it ideal for home use in our list of best solar-powered weather stations.
- No Assembly Required - Easy setup
- 16 sec data update, instantaneous average and peak.
- Inside and Outside Temperature and Humidity, Wind Speed (average and gust), Wind Direction, Solar...
Last update on 2021-06-01
- Great array of measurements
- Easy to install
- Terrific price
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Solar-powered with battery back up
- Compatible with Weather Underground or Weather Cloud
- Build quality ok, but not as sturdy as premium competitors
- Display quality can be hard to read
Best Value For Money: La Crosse Technology S81120-INT
The La Crosse Technology S81120-INT is a fantastic entry point for anyone wanting the best solar-powered weather stations at a bargain price.
It comes with the functionality to track temperature, wind speed and direction and humidity. This nifty machine also gives you the ability to set specific alerts around those metrics.
The new Breeze Sensor comes with a handy mounting bracket. Set it on your rooftop for accurate readings any time of the day. This nifty device can be mounted virtually anywhere, inside or outside. Some will say it’s just like having your own personal meteorologist!
The Breeze Sensor also includes a button cell battery which is recharged using the solar panel. With a 3-year life span you will never miss out on your important data!
The digital display has a range of 330ft. It includes a 5V power adaptor but you will need to purchase 2 AA batteries as a backup. Fully customizable, it shows dynamic forecast icons and tendencies. An auto-dim feature and adjustable backlight make reading data easy in any light.
The LaCrosse Technology S81120-INT is well-priced as an entry-level machine. At under $100 it is terrific value in our list of best solar-powered weather stations.
- Current & top wind speed (mph/kmh) & history with tend indicator; Compass Rose, Cardinal wind...
- Dynamic Forecast icons and forecast tendency indicator; Monitors Indoor and wireless outdoor...
- Adjustable backlight with auto dim feature (HI/LO/OFF); 12/24 Hour time; 4 Language settings:...
Last update on 2021-06-01
- Measurement alerts
- Colour display with auto-dim
- Customizable alerts
- Easy mount bracket for Breeze Sensor
- Add-on sensors available
- Limited measurements compared to premium models
Best Solar-Powered Weather Stations for Farming/Business – AcuRite Atlas 01007M
For those looking to keep a tight gaze on the local environment for your livelihoods, you’ll need something super reliable. The AcuRite Atlas 01007M is a great choice for those that need to keep tracking accurately 24/7.
Get real-time weather information on your phone, tablet or desktop any time of the day. Any body in agriculture knows it is vital to have accurate and up-to-date weather information. Not just that, information relevant to your location – not the nearest airport!
Easily identify problem weather coming with one of these truly superb solar-powered weather stations from AcuRite.
Receive accurate weather readings on:
- Wind speed
- Wind direction
- Lightning detection
- UV index
- Barometric pressure
- Light intensity
The AcuRite Atlas display console is one of the best on the market. A full 7-inch HD touchscreen allows data from the last 48 hours to be shown in graph form. As with many other models, there is a sleep mode to dim the display while maintaining alarms.
Fully compatible with Weather Underground.
AcuRite are a US based company offering first class customer support. We found them terrific both in terms of setup and maintenance as well as for any issues which may arise!
- Real-Time Weather Conditions from Your Desktop, Android, iPhone or Tablet
- Get Weather Alerts Anywhere with My AcuRite: Simplify the experience with a direct Wi-Fi signal to allow for remote monitoring – no hub needed
- High-Definition (HD) Touchscreen Display Looks Great in Any Room
- Lightning Detection: Be prepared for potential thunderstorm activity with lightning strikes detected up to 25 miles away
- Real-Time Weather Conditions: Indoor and outdoor temperature, humidity, wind speed, direction, UV, light intensity, pressure trends and rain totals
Last update on 2021-06-01
- Reliable functionality
- Large range of measurements
- Great customer support
- Good price point for features
- Real-time weather on all devices
- Customizable alerts for any weather conditions
- Only partial solar powering, requires batteries
- Trouble with the lightning detector still being resolved
Best Wireless Solar Weather Station: La Crosse Technology V40A-PRO-INT
If you want to monitor local conditions while on the move, you’ll need a station that connects into your home network and mobile phone. One of the best on the market for connectivity is the La Crosse V40A-PRO-INT.
Boasting a good range of measurements including rain, wind, heat and dew point, the La Crosse isn’t sacrificing connectivity for functionality. However, a down-side is that additional sensors are sold separately and will add to the cost.
Includes a 5V power adaptor for the display with 3 AA batteries as a backup.
The sensor requires 3 AA batteries (not included) which are recharged via the solar panel.
You can set this up as a stand-alone unit, but, the power of this station is in it’s connectivity. You have the ability to connect it to your daily life via the ‘La Crosse View’ app.
The app gives you all your data right at your finger tips. It also allows you to look back at trends and tailor weather predictions for your area. Set alerts, notifications and more.
Using a Wi-Fi connection you have information from the National Weather Service (NWS). This gives you detailed forecast information from right across the country!
This is the best solar-powered weather station for those that love tech! The La Crosse Technology V40A-PRO-INT gives truly professional information and options.
- Illuminated color weather display with adjustable intensity settings and programmable auto-dimming feature
- Dynamic advanced forecast icons with foliage changes seasonally
- Comprehensive weather information; including: WIND (Speed/Direction/History); RAIN (Current to Rainfall Total); TEMP (outdoor with humidity); Heat Index and Dew Point
- Use as StandAlone weather station or Connect by Wi-Fi for bonus features
- EXPAND your system by adding sensors, or even displays, around your Home. Easy setup and Viewable in your free La Crosse View app. For more details, please visit our La Crosse Technology website
Last update on 2021-06-01
- Great tech/connectivity
- Sleek colour display
- Mid-range price point
- Wireless sensors update data within seconds
- La Crosse View app for data at your fingertips
- Additional sensors sold seperately
- Batteries not included
Most Accurate Solar-Powered Weather Stations – Davis Instruments DAV-6152EU
If you’re in the market for a product that’s going to provide best in class accuracy then look no further! The Davis Instruments DAV-6152EU is definitely the weather station we recommend for reliable data over short and long periods!
The power of accuracy comes from it’s ability to crunch many sets of complex data. It works with other stations and repeaters within a 300m radius to aggregate and average readings! This is the only machine in our list capable of doing this.
Alongside this, it also provides you, as the reader, with the most accurate updates. The sensor will feed back into the display every 2.5 seconds, up to 10x faster than most other models on the market!
Functionality wise you’re getting a rain collector, temperature and humidity sensors and an anemometer all in the one sensor package. A cabled version is also available for even greater accuracy but, this model is solar-powered with battery back-up!
A radiation shield protects false readings by reducing light and heat reflections from road surfaces or roofs.
Each Vantage Pro weather station can receive data from up to 8 different transmitting stations for greater accuracy.
For absolute accuracy from one of the leading manufacturers, look to buy the Davis Instruments DAV-6152EU. You will love the data and ease of use of these best solar-powered weather stations.
- Professional and rugged weather station gives you inside/outside temperature and humidity; rain, wind, barometer, dew point, heat index, wind chill, and more
- Fast updates every 2.5 seconds with 1,000 feet (300 m) wireless transmission range
- Large backlit console with alarms, graphs, forecast
- Anemometer can be mounted separately
- Outdoor sensor suite is solar-powered with battery backup
Last update on 2021-06-01
- Super accurate
- Easy to assemble
- Good range of add-ons
- Radiation shield
- Data display in days, months or years
- Receive data from up to 8 stations
- Higher price point
Best All Rounder – ECOWITT HP3501
If you don’t need a super high level of accuracy, want some decent connectivity and a good range of functionality the ECOWITT HP3501 is the best all rounder we’ve found on the market.
With measurement functionality covering wind, rain, temperature, dew point, pressure, humidity and solar UV you have most of the bases covered out of the box with this station!
Put this together with 16 second update accuracy, a high quality colour display and connectivity to ECOWITT’s ‘WS View’ app you’ll get high quality readings wherever you happen to be!
View weather data or graphs on your PC or via a weather app. With Wi-Fi capability, publish data to Weather Underground, Weather Cloud or WOW.
The solar-powered anemometer requires 1 battery for backup.
Comes with an easy-to-install and self-emptying wireless rain collector.
High resolution, almost 4″ screen gives full color display with customizable options.
The ECOWITT HP3501 is a great all-round solar-powered weather station. It has good features and comes at a reasonable price point.
- Professional Wifi Weather Station: allows you to monitor real time weather conditions and view the...
- Wi-Fi Capable: enables your station to publish its data wirelessly to Weather Underground/Weather...
- Solar Powered Anemometer: measures wind direction, wind speed, wind gust, UV & light data; updates...
Last update on 2021-06-01
- Great range of measurements
- Good display
- App connectivity
- Self-emptying rain collector
- Backup battery needs replacing every 6 months
- Pole not included
That’s it for our roundup of the best solar-powered weather stations. Whichever one you pick, we hope you have a great time keeping track of your local weather systems!
Read more reviews of weather instruments on our site.